Please make sure that you've canceled your Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold subscription in order to avoid future payments.
- Go to your iOS settings
- Find and select iTunes & App Store
- Tap Apple ID (your Apple ID email)
- Tap View Apple ID
- Log in if it asks you to
- Scroll down to Subscriptions and tap Manage.
- Select Tinder and set the auto-renewal slider to Off or select Unsubscribe.
Note: If the option to turn off auto-renewal is not displayed here, you may have already chosen to turn it off, canceling future charges. If that’s the case, you should be able to see the end date of your subscription on this screen. You can find more details in this Apple Support article.
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for Tinder and select Tinder in your search results.
- Select Cancel or Unsubscribe.
Tinder Online (Tinder for web)
- Go to www.Tinder.com.
- Tap the profile icon at the top of the main screen.
- Go to Manage Account.
- Either disable Auto Renew or select Cancel.
Note: After canceling your subscription, you will be able to use Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold for the remaining days that you have already paid for. When your subscription expires, it will not be renewed. You can opt back in at any time. Canceling your subscription will not retroactively refund subscription payments, and previously charged subscription fees cannot be prorated based on cancellation date. Deleting the app does not delete your account. If you subscribed to Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold using your Apple ID or Google Play Store ID, deleting your account does not cancel your subscription. If you subscribed on Tinder for web (Tinder.com), deleting your account will automatically cancel your subscription.
To request a refund, please go here.