What is Tinder U?
Tinder U, also known as Tinder Uni in the UK, is an in-app feature that allows you to more easily connect with other nearby college students. Once enrolled, Tinder U can help you connect with fellow students at your college, and nearby schools that are also enrolled in Tinder U, through a dedicated tile on Tinder’s Explore page
To enroll in Tinder U:
- Open Tinder and tap the Profile icon
- Go to Edit Profile
- Scroll down to School to add your school info
- Tap on the option to Apply for Tinder U/Uni
- Enter and verify your student email address
Once verified, to use Tinder U:
- See tiles in Explore for your school and schools nearby, clicking into a specific school’s tile will allow you to only see people from that school
Where is Tinder U available?
Tinder U is intended for current undergraduate students aged 18-24, at select 4-year, accredited, not-for-profit schools in the US and UK. Schools must deliver courses in a traditional, face-to-face learning format. Additionally, Tinder U is only intended for current students with a valid email address needed to qualify (.edu address in the US and .ac.uk in the UK).
Trouble with Tinder U?
Generally, if you’re experiencing trouble with Tinder U, you’ll want to:
- Check if you’re eligible based on the requirements described above
- Look for typos or extra spaces in your student email address
- Check that you have the correct school domain (.edu in the US and .ac.uk in the UK)
If you notice Tinder has the wrong email domain for your university, please contact us and let us know. Include the correct domain in your message.