Photo Verification allows you to verify your profile, helping to show potential matches you’re really you.
Photo Verification gives you an opportunity to make more informed decisions before you Like or Nope, and is just one of the ways we keep Tinder a safe space for meeting new people.
How does it work?
- Open Tinder and tap the profile icon
- Tap the gray checkmark by your name/age
- Select ‘Continue’ on the Get Verified pop-up
- Ensure you’ve granted Tinder access to your camera
- Tap ‘I’m Ready’ when you’re ready for the video to begin
- Follow the prompts on the screen to align your face correctly
- You’ll be notified right away if your photo was accepted or denied
Please note, the following can contribute to your photo verification being denied:
* Your face was not correctly aligned in the oval space provided
* You didn’t use a neutral facial expression
* Your face wasn’t bright enough or the face was obscured
* Your camera lens is scratched or too blurry
If you need more help or are experiencing another issue related to photo verification, we’d like to know about it. Please contact us here.
Photo Verification is currently rolling out to both iOS and Android users in select test markets.