To use Tinder, you'll need to grant access to your device's location, at least while using the app.
- Open your iOS settings > Tinder > Location
- Open your phone's Settings > Apps > Tinder > Permissions > Location
This process will differ depending on the browser and platform (desktop vs. mobile) you're using.
- Chrome (desktop): At the top right, click More (three dots icon) > Settings > Advanced > Privacy & Security > Content Settings > Location. Here, you can block or allow a site access to your location
- Safari (desktop): Click Safari at the top of your screen > Preferences > select the Privacy tab > Website use of location services > make sure that “Prompt for each website once a day” is checked. Go back to Tinder.com and allow Tinder access to your location.
- Safari (iOS): First, make sure you're not in private browsing mode - Safari will automatically block location services while in this mode. Next, open your iOS Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Safari. Once here, make sure you've allowed Safari access to your location "While Using the App"
- Firefox (desktop): Go to Tinder.com > tap the information icon next to the website URL > Permissions > Location