What is Photo Verification?
Photo Verification provides an opportunity for you to help show potential matches that you really look like your photos. To get Photo Verified, you’ll submit a short video selfie that will be compared to your profile photos using facial recognition technology.
Features like Photo Verification encourage more informed decisions on Tinder, so we appreciate your support in keeping Tinder a safer space to meet new people! But please understand that, while the blue check mark can be a signal that someone is who they claim based on the photos they have provided to Tinder, it is not a guarantee of the authenticity of the information provided by another Tinder user nor should it be considered a replacement for using your best judgment (and perhaps more importantly, following our recommended Dating Safety Tips, including doing your own research on a potential match to confirm they are who they say they are).
How do I get Photo Verified?
To get Photo Verified, you must take the following actions and provide the required short selfie video:
- Open Tinder and tap the profile icon
- Tap the gray checkmark by your name
- When you see "Get Verified", select Continue
- If you haven’t yet, grant Tinder access to your camera
- Frame your face in the oval and tap I’m Ready
- Follow the prompts on the screen, to submit a short video selfie
It should only take a few minutes to process your Photo Verification request. Once approved, we’ll let you know and add a Photo Verified checkmark to your profile.
My Photo Verification submission was rejected?
Here are some common reasons for this:
- Face isn’t featured prominently within the frame provided
- Face blocked or obscured
- Lack of neutral facial expression
- Video wasn’t bright and/or clear
- Person in the video didn't match the person in Tinder profile photo(s)
Once Photo Verified, do I have to go through Photo Verification again?
You may be required to follow this process again, if you delete one or more of your profile photos. More Photo Verified photos reduce the risk of losing your Photo Verification status if you delete one or more of your profile photos. Any new photos you upload after being Photo Verified will be subject to continued Photo Verification and might affect your Photo Verification status.
Need more help?
If you need more help with Photo Verification, contact us.