What is Photo Verification?
Photo Verification provides an opportunity for you to show potential matches you’re really you. To get verified, you’ll submit a short video selfie that we’ll compare to your profile photos. We use a combo of trusty humans and facial recognition technology to compare the facial geometry in the selfies you submit and in your profile pics.
Features like Photo Verification encourage more informed decisions on Tinder, so we appreciate your support in keeping Tinder a safer space to meet new people!
How do I get Photo Verified?
To verify your profile:
- Open Tinder and tap the profile icon
- Tap the gray checkmark by your name
- When you see “Get Verified,” select Continue
- If you haven’t yet, grant Tinder access to your camera
- Frame your face in the oval and tap I’m Ready
- Follow the prompts on the screen, to submit a short video selfie
It should only take a few minutes to find out if your Photo Verification request is approved. Once approved, we’ll let you know and add a verified checkmark to your profile.
My Photo Verification submission was rejected?
Here are some common reasons for this:
- Face isn’t featured prominently within the frame provided
- Face blocked or obscured
- Lack of neutral facial expression
- Video wasn’t bright and/or clear
- Person in the video didn't match the person in Tinder profile photo(s)
Need more help?
If you need more help with Photo Verification, contact us.